To get the lowdown on best belt sanders, we’ve consulted top experts who has in-and-out knowledge about the belt sanders.
An increasingly popular option is a Wen 6502 belt sander, which comes with amazing features you’ve never heard before. More than 847 verified buyers have rated this product 4.0 star on Amazon. It is undoubtedly the best belt sanders available in the market today. However, if you don’t want to spend big on belt sanders, then you should absolutely go for Black+Decker DS321 belt sander which comes with all the basic features one could expect in a belt sanders.
While you’ll find belt sanders that are less than $30, you’re far likelier to have problems with these models than somewhat more expensive belt sanders. Generally, a good belt sanders with desirable extra features will cost between $30 to $13640.
If you are ready to choose a new belt sanders, check out our recommendations for the best belt sanders. But if you’d like to learn more about the various types of belt sanders available and how to choose the right one for you, read on.
So here is our list of The 10 Best belt sanders
1. Wen 6502 belt sander
Remember when you needed a versatile and reliable sander? The WEN Belt Disc Sander easily sands, smooths and removes all of the jagged edges and splinters on your wood and lumber. With a 4.3 amp 1/2 HP motor, users should anticipate enough power to prevent this machine from bogging down under a large load. Changing the spacious 4-inch-by-36-inch belt is a breeze, so you’ll have the power to switch and replace sand paper grits as needed without wasting any time. The belt also tilts anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees to accommodate the needs of your particular workpiece while the heavy cast-iron base prevents vibrations. With all of this in addition to the 6-inch sanding disc, you’ll have the capacity to sand whatever work piece your heart desires.
- The sturdy cast iron base prevents wobbling and walking, ensuring the sander stays in one place while sanding.
- Tilt the belt from a horizontal to a vertical position or anywhere in between depending on the needs of your project.
- Attach your favorite dust collector to the 2.5-inch dust port to minimize clean-up of saw dust and debris.
- The sanding disc is accompanied by a support table equipped with 0 to 45deg beveling capabilities and a removable miter gauge.
2. Black+Decker DS321 belt sander
BLACK+DECKER is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. .
- Since 1910, BLACK+DECKER has been setting the standard for innovation and design of power tools, accessories, outdoor yard care equipment, home cleaning products, automotive and lighting products, hardware and other home improvement products. The inventor of the first portable electric drill with pistol grip and trigger switch, Black & Decker has evolved from a small machine shop in Baltimore, Maryland, to a global manufacturing and marketing powerhouse with a broad line of quality products used in and around the home and for commercial applications.
- Featuring a high-performance, seven-amp motor, this electric belt sander sands close to the edge of adjoining surfaces. A retractable hood exposes the sanding belt for enhanced versatility, especially in tight spaces.
- Dust collection with easy-empty dust bag for a cleaner work area.
- Angled belt design sands 3X closer to the edge of the adjoining surfaces.
- Retractable hood exposes top of sanding belt for use in a variety of applications.
3. Makita 9403 belt sander
Makita’s 4″ x 24″ Belt Sander, model 9403, combines power and speed with ease-of-use features and less noise for fast and efficient stock removal. The 9403 is ideal for woodworkers, carpenters, furniture makers, floor installers, deck builders and general contractors who require a best-in-class belt sander.
- 4″ X 24″ Abrasive Belt, 80 Grit (742322-9-1)
- Dust Bag (122591-2)
- Makita’s 4″ x 24″ Belt Sander, model 9403, combines power and speed with ease-of-use features and less noise for fast and efficient stock removal. The 9403 is ideal for woodworkers, carpenters, furniture makers, floor installers, deck builders and general contractors who require a best-in-class belt sander.
4. Makita 9903 belt sander
Variable speed control dial matches the speed to the application, auto tracking belt system, sands flush to wall with nose and side of sander, front grip, dust bag. Specs: 120V, only 85dB, ft.
- 690-1,440 , 11-5/8″L, 16
- 4 ft
- power cord, double insulated, weight 9
- 5 lbs
5. Wen 6321 belt sander
Remember when you needed a versatile and reliable sander? The wen 3 x 21-inch 7-amp heavy duty belt sander debars jagged splinters, strips paint and finishes edges with ease. The high power 7-amp motor spins the belt at a rate of 820 feet per minute for fast and easy material removal.
- Remember when your surfaces were smoother than a football player at a high school dance? The WEN 3 inch x 21 inch 7-Amp Heavy Duty Belt Sander deburrs jagged splinters, strips paint and finishes edges with ease. The high power 7-amp motor spins the belt at a rate of 820 feet per minute for fast and easy material removal.
- The quick release sanding belt makes adjusting grits and swapping sandpapers easier than ever.
- The included dust bag catches all of the offshoots of your workpiece, minimizing cleanup inside of the workshop.
- The front roller hangs ever-so-slightly past the body of the sander for reaching tight corners and confined spaces.
- Sanding belts available in 60-grit, 80-grit and 120-grit three packs (6321SP1, 6321SP2, 6321SP3).
6. Skil 7510-01 belt sander
Sands any type of wood surface, micro filter dust canister helps keep work area clean, auto track belt alignment keeps belt centered, soft grip, flush edge sanding, Lock-on on/off switch, attachment for shop vacuum controls dust as you sand. Specs: 120V, RPM (loaded) 1050, 6 ft.
- cord length, weight 8
- 2 lbs
- Includes: (1) sanding belt, dust collection canister, vacuum adaptor
7. Porter-Cable 371K belt sander
Amazon. com This must-have kit features a belt sander that won the Handy Magazine Innovation Award in 2006 for its host of winning features.
- First, this capable compact sander houses a 120-volt, 5 Amp motor that delivers serious power within a portable, lightweight frame that you can comfortably hold in your hand
- Combined with a large rubber grip on the surface, this sander allows you the precise control your jobs demand
- Even in tight spaces, this handy instrument can comfortably maneuver up to a perpendicular, 90-degree angles thanks to its flush side and its compact, 2-1/2 x 14-inch belt
- Conveniences like the removable anterior dust port and the dust-sealed recessed switch that reduces accidental switch-off will make this your go-to sander no matter the job
- The Porter-Cable 371K includes the sander, an 80-grit sanding belt, a durable carrying case, and a manual
8. Makita 9404 belt sander
‘Belt Sander, Belt Size 4 In. x 24 In.
- , 690 to 1440 No Load SFPM, 8
- 8 Amps, Ball Bearings, 16
- 4 ft
- Cord, Lever Release Type, Flush Wall Sanding, Auto Tracking Belt, Low Noise, Dust Bag, Tool Weight 10
- 3 lb
9. Astro Pneumatic Tool 3037 belt sander
By Astro Pneumatic Tool
The Astro Pneumatic 3037 1/2″ x 18″ Air Belt Sander is constructed with increased pulley space for the new thicker belts. This tool includes a simple belt tension lever and protection guard to protect both the operator as well as the tool.
- The Astro 3037 is the industry’s newest and most popular way to remove spots welds quicker and cheaper than traditional methods. Other common tasks include metal prep and cleaning up welds.
- Adjust arm angle as desired for better access with the simple turn of an Allen bolt using the supplied wrench.
- Designed to fit nearly all 1/2″ x 18″ belt brands and styles, the 3037 auto-latches the arm open when changing belts, then auto-tensions by pressing the lever release.
- RPM adjustment located on rear of handle allows for fine tuning the speed required for your application up to 16,000RPM.
10. Jet J-41002 belt sander
This JET Combination Belt/Disc Sander is designed to deliver a superior finish. The compact 2in.
- Another JET Bench Belt and Disc Sander combination designed to deliver the superior finish. The design of this machine permits sanding, grinding and finishing of outside curves or odd-shaped pieces.
- – Abrasive belt unit removes material and finishes at the same time, allowing the operator to get into small openings, plus handle odd shapes and angles.
- – Deluxe miter gauge that turns and locks for common angles, 45deg both left and right.
- – Heavy-duty steel base and rubber feet.
- – Allows for sanding, grinding or finishing of outside, curves or odd shaped work pieces on the belt.
Hope this list of the best belt sanders will be helpful for you. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our site or our reviews, and we will be happy to help you with your purchasing decisions in any way we can.
32 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY 10112, United States
Tel: +1 (302) 261-7391
USA/Canada Toll-Free No.+1 (760) 614-0125