To get the lowdown on best hand planer, we’ve consulted top experts who has in-and-out knowledge about the hand planer.
An increasingly popular option is a Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater, which comes with amazing features you’ve never heard before. More than 3084 verified buyers have rated this product 4.5 star on Amazon. It is undoubtedly the best hand planer available in the market today. However, if you don’t want to spend big on hand planer, then you should absolutely go for Wen 6530 hand planer which comes with all the basic features one could expect in a hand planer.
While you’ll find hand planer that are less than $10, you’re far likelier to have problems with these models than somewhat more expensive hand planer. Generally, a good hand planer with desirable extra features will cost between $10 to $390.
If you are ready to choose a new hand planer, check out our recommendations for the best hand planer. But if you’d like to learn more about the various types of hand planer available and how to choose the right one for you, read on.
So here is our list of The 10 Best hand planer
1. Microplane 40020 Classic Zester/Grater
The blade is designed with a specific tooth set that takes the flavorful rind directly off the citrus fruit, while leaving behind the bitter white pith. Zest adds flavor to vinaigrettes, stir fries, salads, and baked goods! Grate Cheese: Grate parmesan into fluffy mounds that melt quickly and look beautiful when treating yourself of family to rustic bowls of pasta.
- This tool is normally used to grate citrus for perfect lemon, lime, and orange zests or to create pillowy mounds of Parmesan cheese. However, it is also a great tool for grating spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and even chilies into fresh ground powders.
- Microplane is the standard for sharp, efficient grating and zesting in both home and professional kitchens – just ask any chef if they use a Microplane! Dining out anywhere will usually lead to a Microplane sighting.
- Working for Microplane, everyone comes up to you and tells you a story about how much they love their Microplane! People say “It changed my life”, “I’m such a better cook now – so much more confident” or “I lost weight because I use my Microplane to add flavor without adding fat – just by adding zest.” Others say they use less cheese because the feathery grated results give the illusion of more.
- Photo-etching and surgical grade stainless steel. Microplane began using this signature technology of photo-etching in the 1990’s.
- The big moment came in 1994 when a Canadian homemaker picked up a new woodworking tool, in complete frustration over using a dull grater for the preparation of an orange cake recipe. Sliding the orange across the Microplane tool, she was amazed at how beautifully it worked, with total ease, speed and efficiency.
2. Wen 6530 hand planer
Remember when you needed to smooth out those joists? Plane away chips, splinters and misshapen edges with the WEN 6 Amp 3-1/4 Inch Electric Hand Planer. Perfect for fixing stubborn doors and fitting wood.
- Remember when you needed to smooth out those joists? When you had to make those uneven boards flush? Plane away chips, splinters and misshapen edges with the WEN 6 Amp 3-1/4 inches Electric Hand Planer. Perfect for fixing stubborn doors or fitting wood.
- 16 positive stops increase in increments of 1/128 inch anywhere from 0 all the way up to 1/8 of an inch.
- Kickstand prevents any unintentional blade-to-workpiece contact during times of rest.
- With the simple flick of the switch, change the directional aim of the sawdust from left to right. Dust bag attaches to either side of the planer.
- The blade drum with two double-sided blades rotate at 17,000 RPM to ensure a clean and smooth cut. Blades are reversible and easy-to-replace.
3. Porter-Cable PC60THP hand planer
The PORTER-CABLE PC60THP 6 Amp Hand Planer features a heavy-duty 6 amp motor which provides smooth cutting in hard materials, with a max no load speed at 16,500 rpm for smooth material removal. This planer has dual side dust extraction that allows for flexibility to place the dust extraction on either side of the tool as needed to keep work area clean.
- The over mold depth knob offers 10 positive steps which allow for better planer control and multiple depth control settings, along with 3 chamfering grooves for options on edge chamfering
- An 11
- 5″ cast aluminum shoe provides added control and better finish quality and the 5/64″ depth of cut removes excess material in less time
- It also has
- 47″ max rabbit depth which removes more material per pass
4. Bosch PL1632 hand planer
The PL1632 3-1/4-Inch 6. 5 Amp Planer offers an industry-first planer lock-off/lock-on button that helps prevent accidental start-up and provides for extended operation.
- Dual-mount fence provides non-flexing guidance; prevents marring of door or workpiece face
- Ball-joint cord swivel eases positioning of cord to keep it out of the way
- Spring-loaded, built-in stand elevates tool to protect blade(s) and save money
- Powerful 6
- 5 Amp motor with 16,500 RPM speed for fast stock removal
5. Delta 22-555 hand planer
After nearly 90 years of expertise in the woodworking business, DELTA Power Equipment Corporation (DELTA PEC) has become one of the most revered brands in woodworking tools today. DELTA Power Equipment Corporation focuses on innovations to help the woodworker create masterpieces easier and with more precision.
- Scale allows for accurately planing material.
- Stow blade changing tools with ease.
- Reversible dust port provides choices for how you want to connect a dust collector.
- Built with quality and backed with a 5 Year Limited Warranty.
6. Great Neck C4 hand planer
By Great Neck
The GreatNeck 9-Inch Adjustable Block Plane comes with a solid wood handle for great control. The block plane does not require frequent adjustment.
- It has a 2-Inch steel cutter that may be resharpened
- The block plane is machined and has a polished body
- Covered by GreatNeck limited lifetime warranty
- GreatNeck has been a hand tool manufacturer since 1919
- Our tool brands strive to bring value in design and function
7. Dewalt D26676 hand planer
Motor provides a smooth, even finish in the hardest of woods with resharpenable high speed steel blades also accepts reversible carbide blades, calibrated depth adjustment knob. Precision machined front and back aluminum shoes with groove in front shoe, kickstand, poly-V drive belt, ergonomic handle.
- Specs: 17,000 rpm no load speed, 1
- 5mm/1/16″ depth of cut, 3-1/4″ planning width, 23/64″ rabbeting depth, weighs 6
- 0 lbs
- Includes: (2) resharpenable high-speed steel blades (installed), (1) rabbeting fence, (1) blade depth setting gage, (1) blade resharpening tool and (1) socket wrench
8. Bench Plane No. 5 – Iron Jack Plane – Fully Adjustable Wood Hand Planer, 14-Inches Long with 2-Inch Cutter, Includes 2 blades
This is a No 5 bench plane. The handle and knob are made of real natural wood (stained, polished, smoothed and finished).
- The plane is 14-inches long and 2-inches wide
- The 2-inch blade is made of hardened, tempered steel offering durability and precision
- Do not test the sharpness of the pre-mounted blade with your finger, use a piece of paper instead
- The wedge control knob is made of solid brass and offers longer life over the clamp that other competitors have
- The Plane is lightly covered in packing oil which you can easily wipe down upon arrival
9. Hitachi P20ST hand planer
The P20ST 3 1/4″ Planer is capable of planing, beveling, rabbeting, tapering and side planing of a flush door. Its 5.
- 5 amp motor powers the no-load speed to 17,000 RPM
- This planer accepts disposable double edge blades, but includes durable re-sharpenable blades, which are both cost effective and allow for extended use
- A max cutting depth of 1/16″ gives the user flexibility, and the lightweight design decreases fatigue
- The P20ST also allows for dust collection with a dust bag or vacuum attachment to keep the work surface clear of dust and debris
- Includes: Steel Case (334846), Blade Sharpening Assembly (314767), Box Wrench (940543), Guide (958842Z), Set Gauge (316419), Dust Adapter (334502), Dust Bag (322955)
10. Ebony Hand Planer, 0.3 inch Blade Width EnPoint Woodworking Hand Plane Craftsman Planer Curved Bottom Concave Wood Small Plane for Joinery Woodcraft Guitar Violin Viola Cello Wooden Music Instrument
- PACKAGE INCLUDES
Hope this list of the best hand planer will be helpful for you. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our site or our reviews, and we will be happy to help you with your purchasing decisions in any way we can.
32 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY 10112, United States
Tel: +1 (302) 261-7391
USA/Canada Toll-Free No.+1 (760) 614-0125