To get the lowdown on best pruning shears, we’ve consulted top experts who has in-and-out knowledge about the pruning shears.
An increasingly popular option is a Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip, 6in, which comes with amazing features you’ve never heard before. More than 2623 verified buyers have rated this product 4.5 star on Amazon. It is undoubtedly the best pruning shears available in the market today. However, if you don’t want to spend big on pruning shears, then you should absolutely go for Fiskars 91095935J Steel Bypass Pruning Shears which comes with all the basic features one could expect in a pruning shears.
While you’ll find pruning shears that are less than $0, you’re far likelier to have problems with these models than somewhat more expensive pruning shears. Generally, a good pruning shears with desirable extra features will cost between $0 to $60.
If you are ready to choose a new pruning shears, check out our recommendations for the best pruning shears. But if you’d like to learn more about the various types of pruning shears available and how to choose the right one for you, read on.
So here is our list of The 10 Best pruning shears
1. Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip, 6in
Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip makes deadheading, trimming and shaping plants easy — so easy, it’s earned the Arthritis Foundation Ease-of-Use Commendation. A Easy Action design opens the blades after each cut to reduce hand strain, and the high-grade, stainless-steel blades feature a precision-ground edge that stays sharp longer and cuts all the way to the tip for clean, healthy cuts on living plants.
- Make deadheading, trimming and shaping plants easy.
- Spring-action design gently opens blades after each cut to help reduce hand fatigue.
- Ideal for deadheading, trimming, shaping and other quick snips on small plants.
- Enhance comfort and control.
2. Fiskars 91095935J Steel Bypass Pruning Shears
This reliable pruner is ideal for a variety of general pruning tasks. A fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp longer, and a rust-resistant, low-friction coating makes cutting easier.
- This reliable pruner is ideal for a variety of general pruning tasks.
- Provides clean cuts on stems and small branches up to 5/8 inch thick.
- Low-friction coating helps blade glide through wood, prevents the blades from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blades resist rust.
- All-steel design provides excellent durability for lasting value. Lifetime warranty.
3. Power Drive Ratchet Anvil Hand Pruning Shears – 5x More Cutting Power Than Conventional Garden Tree Clippers.
RATCHET PRUNING SHEARS – 5x MORE CUTTING POWER * EFFORT LESS CUTTING The ratcheting mechanism’s settings multiply your hand’s power, so that you don’t have to do the work – the pruning shears do it for you. They slice through much thicker branches than conventional pruners, and they’re very easy on your hands.
- Because they work like a ratchet, they never get dull
- The extra power of the ratchet action makes these pruners ideal for heavy jobs
- * HOW RATCHET ANVIL PRUNING SHEARS WORK Anvil pruners have one sharp blade normally the top blade and a flat, non-cutting blade, or “anvil” at the bottom
- When you squeeze the handle, the sharp top cutting blade is brought down on the branch you’re cutting, and the anvil holds that branch in place so that the cut can be completed
- * RATCHET ACTION – 5 TIMES THE POWER The ratcheting mechanism’s settings multiply your hand’s power by up to 5 times, so that you don’t have to do the work – the pruning shears do it for you
4. Felco F-2 pruning shear
Falco Original Pruner With 1 Inch Cutting Capacity 8. 25in Solid forged metal alloy handles.
- FELCO 2
- High Performance – Classic Model
- The blades feature a notch that allows for the cutting of small wires without damaging the cutting edge.
- The sap groove prevents the blade sticking when cutting “sappy” wood. It saves time and makes pruning easier by removing sap and debris after each cut.
- FELCO’s micrometric adjustment system guarantees an optimal adjustment of the cutting head throughout the life of the tool. It ensures a clean and precise cut.
5. Corona 3180D ClassicCUT Forged Bypass Hand Pruner, 1″ Diameter Cut
The Corona Max Forged ClassicCUT Pruners are crafted out of forged steel for the professional gardener. Their strength and durability means everyday use isn’t a problem.
- Fully heat-treated, forged steel alloy construction bladed designed for the professional gardener.
- The blade and hook of this tool are hand matched for precision. Hook is slant-ground with a narrow profile.
- Notch tool closed when not in use to prevent accidents.
- Heat treated tool and cutting blade maintain durability season after season.
- Cut efficiently without having to stop often to clean sap from the blade.
6. Mockins Professional Garden Bypass Pruning Shears, Tree Trimmers Secateurs, Hand Pruner, Stainless Steel Blades| 8 mm Cutting Capacity
Do you have a green thumb? Is your view obstructed by a gnarled, old tree that needs trimming? Purchase your Mockins pruning shears today! With its ergonomic rubber handles and sharp stainless steel blades, the Mockins professional pruning shears are the go-to product for professional and amateurs alike. ANVIL With an anvil cutting tool, you bring down a straight blade against a wide anvil usually made of steel or hard rubber.
- Anvil pruners are better suited for dead and dried-out plants, stubborn tree branches
- The crushing motion of the MOCKINS pruning anvil shears causes the brittle stem to kind of explode and separate
- BYPASS With a bypass cutting tool, you draw a curved or straight blade past another blade — this creates a scissor-like motion that works well for cutting live green plants
- The spongy, firm outer wall surrounding the stem yields easily to that bypass motion with the MOCKINS pruning bypass shears
7. Razor Sharp Bypass Pruning Shears Warranty – Free Extra Blade, Spring & eBook – Japanese Steel – Premium Hand Pruner – Gardening Shear – Garden Clippers – Secateur with Ergonomic Handles
By Garden Elite
“Premium durable, sharp & reliable bypass pruning shear is a must-have for any gardener!” Smooth, Clean & Fast Cuts with SK5 Steel Blade SK-5 is high-carbon tool grade steel from Japan – the hardest available on the market. The SK-5 blade on these shears has been carefully molded for optimal cutting and sharpened to perfection, so you can enjoy razor sharp cuts of up to 25mm in diameter.
- “Premium durable, sharp & reliable bypass pruning shear is a must-have for any gardener!”
- Smooth, Clean & Fast Cuts with SK5 Steel Blade
- Ergonomic Grip is Comfortable in Your Hand
- Enjoy Extra Bonuses
- Long-lasting, Dependable and Reliable
8. Housolution Pruning Shears, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Ultra Sharp Multi-purpose Hand Pruner Scissors for Garden Harvesting Fruits & Vegetables, Trimming Pklants Flowers, Black & Red
Housolution Heavy Duty Pruning Shears: This Housolution Heavy Duty Pruning Shears features a long straight sharp stainless steel blade and soft comfort grip handle, it offers exceptionally versatile everyday convenience. This garden aid shears will be one of the most valuable tools in your garden.
- Housolution Heavy Duty Pruning Shears:
- Product Description:
9. Apthrill 8″ Professional Anvil Pruning, Garden Shears, Hand Pruners, Black/Orange
Garden is often the father of pleasure
- Be a good partner for your garden work
- 100% Lifetime Guarantee
- GET YOUR PREMIUM QUALITY PRUNING SHEARS TODAY!
10. GANCHUN Pruning Shears Stainless Steel Garden Pruner 8″ Bypass Garden Shears Bonsai,Branch,Tree Trimmer,Flowers.
PRUNING GUIDELINES Promote plant health by removing dead,diseased,or damaged branches. Correct a poor shape by eliminating crossing or poorly spaces branches.
- Where to prune? Select a bud or side branch pointing in the direction you want new growth to go
- Make your cut no more than 1/4” above this location
- When to prune? Trees and shrubs that flower in the early spring should be pruned after flowering
- Prune summer and fall bloomers before growth starts in the spring
- Dead,injured or diseased wood can be removed any time of year
Hope this list of the best pruning shears will be helpful for you. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our site or our reviews, and we will be happy to help you with your purchasing decisions in any way we can.
32 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY 10112, United States
Tel: +1 (302) 261-7391
USA/Canada Toll-Free No.+1 (760) 614-0125