To get the lowdown on best wood lathe, we’ve consulted top experts who has in-and-out knowledge about the wood lathe.
An increasingly popular option is a Wen 6502 wood lathe, which comes with amazing features you’ve never heard before. More than 847 verified buyers have rated this product 4.0 star on Amazon. It is undoubtedly the best wood lathe available in the market today. However, if you don’t want to spend big on wood lathe, then you should absolutely go for Shop Fox W1704 wood lathe which comes with all the basic features one could expect in a wood lathe.
While you’ll find wood lathe that are less than $10, you’re far likelier to have problems with these models than somewhat more expensive wood lathe. Generally, a good wood lathe with desirable extra features will cost between $10 to $1230.
If you are ready to choose a new wood lathe, check out our recommendations for the best wood lathe. But if you’d like to learn more about the various types of wood lathe available and how to choose the right one for you, read on.
So here is our list of The 10 Best wood lathe
1. Wen 6502 wood lathe
Remember when you needed a versatile and reliable sander? The WEN Belt Disc Sander easily sands, smooths and removes all of the jagged edges and splinters on your wood and lumber. With a 4.3 amp 1/2 HP motor, users should anticipate enough power to prevent this machine from bogging down under a large load. Changing the spacious 4-inch-by-36-inch belt is a breeze, so you’ll have the power to switch and replace sand paper grits as needed without wasting any time. The belt also tilts anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees to accommodate the needs of your particular workpiece while the heavy cast-iron base prevents vibrations. With all of this in addition to the 6-inch sanding disc, you’ll have the capacity to sand whatever work piece your heart desires.
- The sturdy cast iron base prevents wobbling and walking, ensuring the sander stays in one place while sanding.
- Tilt the belt from a horizontal to a vertical position or anywhere in between depending on the needs of your project.
- Attach your favorite dust collector to the 2.5-inch dust port to minimize clean-up of saw dust and debris.
- The sanding disc is accompanied by a support table equipped with 0 to 45deg beveling capabilities and a removable miter gauge.
2. Shop Fox W1704 wood lathe
By Shop Fox
1/3 Horsepower bench top lathe with variable speed motor.
- The Shop Fox W1704 has been specially designed to provide many years of trouble free service. Close attention to detail, ruggedly built parts and a rigid quality control program ensure safe and reliable operations.
- Tackle pen turning or other small cutting or shaping projects using the Shop Fox W1704 bench-top lathe from Woodstock International. Made of cast iron, and designed to fit neatly on a workbench, this lathe features a 1/3-horsepower, variable-speed motor and delivers spindle speeds between 700 and 3,200 revolutions per minute (RPM).
- The W1704 includes both a 4-1/2 and 7-inch tool rest for various turning applications and with a 13-inch distance between centers and an 8-inch swing over the bed this lathe is ideal for a variety of turning projects.
- The infinitely variable speed from 700-3200 RPM comes in handy when turning hard or soft species of wood.
- This benchtop lathe includes a 5-3/4-inch faceplate which threads onto the headstock spindle for non-spindle turning (usually used for making bowls or other items that cannot be supported from the tailstock).
3. Jet 719200 wood lathe
The JET 1221VS is different from anything we’ve made before. In truth, it’s different from anything that anybody has ever made before.
- The JET 1221VS is different from anything we’ve made before. In truth, it’s different from anything that anybody has ever made before.
- 60-3600 RPM variable speed.
- Optimally designed speed ranges.
- Integrated, spring loaded spindle lock.
- Conveniently located controls and DRO.
4. Nova 46300 wood lathe
NOVA 46300 Comet II 12 Inch x 16 1/2-Inch Variable Speed Midi Lathe is the most versatile & innovative smaller lathe on the market today. Portable and space saving, yet delivers the capacity and rugged stability of larger machines.
- Portable and space saving, yet delivers the capacity and rugged stability of larger machines. Small, space saving design means the NOVA Comet II Midi is a great choice for a multitude of projects.
- Powerful 3/4 HP electronic variable speed motor offers a wide speed range from 250-4000 RPM. With a super low speed, up to a super high speed, the Comet II midi lathe is the perfect choice for a variety of projects.
- – Strengthened reinforced composite guard, the guard now has a rapid access latch for even faster and easier access.
- – On/Off switch has been improved to make it faster and more positive to switch on and off and is fitted with a no-vault release for additional safety.
- – The 3 Step Pulley System offers different speed ranges while providing maximum flexibility. The middle step usually provides enough range for most wood turning applications, however the additional two steps provide more torque when needed for the more demanding projects.
5. Goplus 1/2HP 4 Speed 40″ Power Wood Turning Lathe 14″ x 40″
This is our brand new and powerful Wood Turning Lathe Machine which will let you tackle a variety wood turning projects with 4 adjustable speeds. Don’t hesitate to buy it now!Overall Dimensions: 57.
- 2″ X 9″ X 14
- 9″ 1/2 HP 120V 60Hz Single Phase 2
- 9 Amps Sewing Over Bed: About 14″ Distance Between Center: About 40″ Spindle Speeds: 1100,1600, 2300, 3400 RPM Shipping Weight: 55 Lbs
6. Grizzly G0462 wood lathe
This incredible machine can swing 16″ over the bed, comes with a 2 HP motor and sports a spindle tachometer with a digital readout. Changing speeds is easy with the shift-on-the-fly handle so there are no belts to mess with.
- This incredible machine can swing 16 inches over the bed, comes with a 2 HP motor and sports a spindle tachometer with a digital readout. Changing speeds is easy with the shift-on-the-fly handle so there are no belts to mess with.
- Spindle tachometer with digital readout and 10 speeds from 600 to 2400 RPM.
- It features a 16 inch swing over bed, 13 inch swing over tool rest and 46 inch between centers. Outboard turning is easy with the swiveling headstock and tool rest extension, and the headstock can rotate 360 degrees.
- Includes MT#2 spindle and tailstock tapers, quick-lock/release levers for tailstock and headstock, 6 inch faceplate, cup live center, spur center, 12 inch tool rest and tool rest extension.
7. Hybrid Bottle Stopper Blank 1-7/16″ x 1-7/16″ x 2-3/8 Acrylic and Wood (Sea Green)
By Beyond Wood Tools
Opening a bottle of wine capped with one of these colorful and unique bottle stoppers is surely going to start a conversation. The look of hybrid bottle stoppers are totally unique and no two of these stoppers are the same! Hybrid Bottle Stopper Blanks are unique, beautifully combined wood and acrylic mix that a very pleasing to the eye.
- Made in the USA, each blank has its own opaque or semi-transparent style, which means they never having the same look twice from blank to blank
- The Hybrid Bottle Stopper Blanks are approximately 1-7/16″ x 1-7/16″ x 2-3/8″
- Note: Wood grain, wood color, acrylic mix, and amount of wood versus amount of acrylic in each blank will vary
8. KKmoon Mini Metal Lathe DIY 6 in 1 Multi-functional Motorized Transformer Multipurpose Machine Jigsaw Grinder Driller Plastic Wood Lathe Drilling Sanding Turning Milling Sawing Machine Tool Kit
Specifications: Material: Aluminum Alloy + ABS Color: Black + Red Power: 48W Motor Speed: 20000rpm Plug Type: US Plug Voltage: 100-240V 50/60Hz Output: 12V 4A Can Assemble Machine: Jigsaw, Grinder, Driller, Wood Lathe, Metal Lathe, Miller 6-in-1 Functions: Drilling, Sanding, Turning Lathe, Milling, Sawing, Wood Turning Lathe Can Process Objects: Wood, Plastics, Soft Metal(Gold, Silver, Copper, Aluminium, etc. ) Acrylic, PCB, etc.
- Technique Data of Jigsaw: Operating Space: 90 * 90mm / 3
- 54 * 3
- 54in Maximum Cutting Saw Depth: 4mm Hardwood, 7mm Triply Wood, 18mm Softwood, 0
- 5mm Aluminium Flakes, 2mm Organic GlassTechnique Data of Grinder: Operating Space: 120 * 100mm / 4
- 72 * 3
9. Nova 24221 wood lathe
This model provides the same features as the previous model. Offers a solid 1.
- The immensely popular Nova 1624 Lathe is back, updated with a fresh look and black color with all the thoughtful award winning features you know, love and expect from Nova.
- Excellent entry level lathe that has enough versatility and power to give many years of turning. 8 speed range – features a low speed of 215 rpm essential for serious and safe large piece and bowl turning work.
- – Powerful 1.5HP Motor, delivers continuous power.
- – Fantastic 8 speed range from 215 – 3600 RPM (USA/Canada) & 178-3000 rpm (rest of world) low speed perfect for bowl turning.
- – 360deg Swivel head – position work where you want it, makes your turning more comfortable and saves you workshop space.
10. Shop Fox W1836 wood lathe
By Shop Fox
The SHOP FOX W1836 Wood Lathe is packed with features that wood turners love. A powerful 3/4 HP motor with electronic variable-speed spindle control and a digital RPM readout for precise speed adjustments make this lathe a top choice.
- The Shop Fox W1836 Wood Lathe is packed with features that woodturners love. A powerful 3/4 HP motor with electronic variable-speed spindle control and a digital RPM readout for precise speed adjustments make this lathe a top choice.
- 24 index points in increments of 15 degrees allow evenly spaced marking or cutting while the headstock stays in a locked position, this opens new possibilities not available on many benchtop lathes.
- The W1836 features variable speed control for on-the-fly speed adjustments. Two overlapping speed ranges ensure maximum spindle torque within each range.
- The W1836 includes an MT#2 live center so you can start turning spindles right away. The live center installs into the tailstock quill with a tapered fit and the over sized precision ball-bearing design ensures superior turning operations with stability and no resistance.
- Quickly and easily adjust the tailstock to accommodate workpieces up to 15 inch in length. The tailstock is secured with a cam-action clamping system for a rock solid grip.
Hope this list of the best wood lathe will be helpful for you. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our site or our reviews, and we will be happy to help you with your purchasing decisions in any way we can.
32 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY 10112, United States
Tel: +1 (302) 261-7391
USA/Canada Toll-Free No.+1 (760) 614-0125